| Forsaken Cainhurst Castle chest.|
Sold by the Bath Messengers for 18,000 Blood Echoes after acquiring the Cainhurst Badge.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Transform||Normal Rapier, Parthian Rapier|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Triangle, Radial)|
|Notes||The only right-handed weapon to be a one-handed firearm.|
- Forsaken Cainhurst Castle:
- In the main hall just as one enters the castle, by the right of the staircase. It is inside a chest.
- Sold by the Bath Messengers for 18,000 Blood Echoes after acquiring the Cainhurst Badge.
In its normal form this weapon is a rapier, dealing mostly thrust attacks, with the occasional slice. Its strong attack is a horizontal swipe that covers a lot of area in front of the wielder, but, if fully charged, it becomes a powerful thrust.
When transformed, it becomes a Parthian (or "parting shot") Rapier, which is shorter, but attacks with quick consecutive sweeps and features an attached pistol that fires bullets, replacing the strong attack of the weapon.
It is an effective weapon especially for Skill and Bloodtinge builds, synergizing well when in conjunction with other secondaries that may not be capable of riposting such as the Hunter's Torch, Flamesprayer, and Rosmarinus.
- Can be buffed with Bolt Paper and Fire Paper and Empty Phantasm Shell in both Rapier and Gun forms. These buffs do not apply to the bullet damage of the transformed mode.
- It cannot be enhanced with Bone Marrow Ash, because this item only applies to left hand firearms.
- Its transformation attacks are also quite unique. The Rapier mode's transformation attack allows a relatively quick shot after a dodge or mid-combo. This makes it potentially deadly for encounters with fast-moving enemies since an errant transformation attack launched in a combo can catch an opponent for a brutal riposte. Note however that it is slower than an actual gun (such as the Hunter Pistol), so the timing has to be good.
- This weapon is notable for its unique combat style. In Rapier mode, it has surprisingly quick strikes that don't leave one open for long and an L2 that enables sweeping strikes that are slower. In Parthian mode, it has wider, slashing attacks and its R2 is a gunshot. Balancing its Rapier mode (which is better against single targets) and Parthian mode (better against groups) is key to getting the most out of this weapon.
- Unlike the Rifle Spear, the player can still use their left hand gun when using the transformed version.
- "Reiterpallasch" means "rider's broadsword" in German.
- The Reiterpallasch went on to inspire the Rifle Spear developed by the Powder Kegs' Workshop. The Rifle Spear, however, cannot be buffed unlike it.
- The weapon may be a clever reference to the Vilebloods themselves. The Parthian Rapier, which had a pistol concealed in its hilt, was considered the bane of honorable duelists. Many of the Vilebloods likened beast hunting to hunting game, and made a show of being regal and ostentatious whilst being brutal underneath, as indicated by the Knight Set.