| Sold by Messengers after acquiring the Saw Hunter Badge.|
Central Yharnam corpse.
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Waning)|
|Aux. Effect||20% Serration||both modes deal Serration|
- Sold by Messengers after acquiring the Saw Hunter Badge.
- Found on a corpse hanging from the rafters in the big warehouse building near the Central Yharnam sewers. It can be cut down using a weapon and will land in the sewer area below.
The Saw Spear is considered by most players to be the superior version of the Saw Cleaver. It is made an even more tempting weapon since it can be acquired within the first half-hour of the game.
The major differences between these two very similar weapons are:
- The Cleaver has slightly higher base damage
- The Cleaver is mostly Strength based, while the Spear is mostly Skill based
- The Cleaver has one mode that deals serrated damage, whereas the Saw Spear has both dealing serrated damage
- The Cleaver deals only physical damage, while the Spear also has thrust and blunt attacks, making its moveset more varied
In the end the evidence is clear, the Saw Spear is mostly a more versatile option.
Especially because in "Quality" builds (builds with the same amount of level investment in both Strength and Skill), both weapons deal essentially the same damage.
- This weapon deals Serrated Damage in its closed mode. Serrated damage deals 20% more damage against "True" Beasts.
- It can be a good idea to infuse this weapon with fire Blood Gems as its serrated damage will multiply it against beasts.
- The Saw Cleaver is its Strength-scaling counterpart.
- This weapon, along with the Saw Cleaver, has a hidden +20% damage modifier against Beast type enemies. This works with both of the weapon's forms (Blade and Spear). It is hinted in the description with "The saw, with its set of blood-letting teeth[...]and only grows in effectiveness the more grotesquely transformed the beast."
- Both the Saw Cleaver and the Saw Spear appear to be based on the fusion of two Old Hunter weapons, the Beasthunter Saif and Beast Cutter.
- It is the weapon of choice for both Powder Keg Hunters, the one found in Old Yharnam and the one found in the Hunter's Nightmare.