|An initial weapon choice from the Messengers.|
|Special Att.||Attr. Req.|
|Weapon Type||Right Hand Weapons|
|Imprints||Normal (Radial, Radial, Triangle)|
|Aux. Effect|| Righteous 20% |
| Righteous (cane)|
- A starting weapon choice from the Messengers.
- Available for purchase from the Messengers in Hunter's Dream after obtaining the Saw Hunter Badge.
In its standard form, it’s a melee weapon for short range attacks. By transforming the weapon, it can turn into a bladed whip. It is one of the three starting weapons given at the beginning of the game. The other two being the Saw Cleaver, and the Hunter Axe.
The Whip Form is an ideal crowd control weapon with a large attack spread. However this form does not have an R2 charge attack. It does however have a charge lunge attack in cane form which does significant damage.
Though it lacks in variety of attacks, its still quite useable and useful, with a high scaling in Skill, making it an ideal starting weapon for those who wish to invest in said stat. Additionally, since its requirements are so low, and its scaling in Arcane becomes quite high, it can also serve as a good weapon for players who wish to make Arcane builds, only to infuse the weapon with an elemental Blood Gem.
- This weapon deals 20% Righteous Damage in Cane mode, and 20% Serrated Damage in Whip mode.
- One of the only two weapons in game to deal both Serrated and Righteous damage. The other one is the Church Pick.
- There is a Strength-based variant of this weapon, called the Beast Cutter.
- The Threaded Cane appears to be a more elegant design of the original and brutish looking Beast Cutter, used by the Old Hunters.
- It is overwhelmingly used by the majority of Healing Church Hunters, such as Yurie, Iosefka, the Church Hunter in the Nightmare Frontier, the Church Hunter in the Surgery Altar (wearing the White Church Set) and the Church Hunter in the Research Hall. Funnily enough, it is not considered a Healing Church weapon. Perhaps it became a staple of civilized combat.